Monday, October 3, 2011

I survived without internet for 2 months

What I'd like to know is how the internet survived without me.

Realistically I have a lot more to catch up on than those two months. Sally's birthday...from June. Our Yellowstone trip in August. Oh yeah, moving across the country. All of which are blog worthy. We'll see if they ever get blogged, eh?

Well it turns out the internet managed just fine without me and when I finally got connected I had something like 562 unread emails. Ugh. No one even likes email anymore. Ok, that's not entirely true, but the fact is the majority of those emails were people trying to sell me something. Actually that's not entirely true either. Probably most of them were from allrecipes.com because I get like 9 emails from them per week telling me what food I wish I were eating right now. I think maybe it's time I cut back on that...My inbox officially has under 100 emails in it, so I think I deserve a break. Let's not talk about the facebook breaks, and the pintrest breaks.

Let's get to brass tacks here. What is the blog about. Nothing. That's right. So....on the nothing.

Things I miss about Idaho:
*a playground at my apartments. And a park within a couple blocks. and another park with some fun water play for free. Mostly just space to hangout outside with my kids.
*cheaper milk.
*hanging out with my pals, but I suppose that is to be expected.
*some seriously awesome Relief Society lessons

Things I don't miss about Idaho:
*Hard water.
*Dry air. all the time. I'm gonna save a fortune on lotion and chapstick here.
*An unfortunate lack of trees...or really most anything but potatoes, wheat, and sagebrush. (all those things are nice, but I was ready for some variety)

Why I feel like a super hero:
*I made old fashioned fudge.
*I braved making those kids of mine share a room risking some seriously ugly nights, but it worked like a charm (mostly, don't ask me about naps these days) and I have my room back!
*I make dinner most nights.

Why my kids are the greatest:
*Sally is super pretendy these days and she has a few imaginary friends that she carries in her teeny little cupped hands. They are named Bert, Ernie, and Megamind. (pronounced Meca-Mine)
*Sally also makes dinner most days. It does not actually involve food. And it's usually not at dinner time.
*Thaddeus gets into anything and everything he can. Recently someone gave the kids dumdums and Martell let them play with them in the car on the way home. Sally has often played with things like that without ever even trying to remove a wrapper. Thaddeus promptly pulled off his wrapper and started eating it, having never seen it done. Sally followed suit, now having seen it done.

Why Martell clearly *IS* a super hero:
*He brings me seed pods, and acorns, and takes me to plant sales, and generally assists me in pretending I have a garden. Yeah, I'm a big nerd. Ok.
*He is also a veritable boat of dreams.
*He made me dinner on Saturday and it was delicious.

And now a note from Thaddeus:
Qwa#h 3hsb MMJYMA X[W

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Where across country did you go and why? (perhaps with some questioning prodding the post may actually occur,eh)

Erin M. said...

Yay! The internet DID miss you! Welcome back. :)

molly strong said...

Agreed, welcome back to the land of the interslice. Thaddeus does say the darndest things, I am glad he is back too.

Tracie White said...

We missed you! Also, I loved the pretend friends. Awesome.

Unknown said...

agreed with not missing dry idaho. yay for taking a break from the internet! i'm sure it was hard but nice in some ways. i'd love to see some pix of the south when you get a chance!

Mike said...

It seems I read "veritable boat of dreams" in a Strongbad voice.

der said...

And one month later, the internet would still love to hear from you :-)