Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today I set T.W. down on the floor and went to do something else. Then he started squawking. He's been teething and a little clingier than usual. So I went to lay down next to him on the floor and suddenly I remembered all the times when he was a newborn, laying on the floor at bedtime (I love that stage when they will fall asleep anywhere). So often he would lay there fussing until I just came to be next to him. He didn't need to be held. He just needed someone to be there by him. I think I almost forgot that till today, laying next to him, realizing how long it has been since he came here. I know 8 months isn't really that long in grown up time, but, my how babies change in 8 months. So here are a few things I don't ever want to forget.

*His smiles. He smiled his first real smile (not just gas) really early. I think he was only a couple weeks old. He and I were snuggling, and I nosed his nose and he smiled. I thought it couldn't be for reals. It must have been gas. So I nosed him again. And he smiled again. Coincidence? Couldn't be. I nosed him again in exchange for another smile. And another. He was a smiley boy and it wasn't long before he gave them to anyone who so much as looked at him. He is starting to get the hang of 'stranger danger' now, so I suppose those days may be coming to an end, but I always think of him as my merry old soul.

*His snuggles. Sally was never a snuggley baby. Ever. Unless she was sick or hurting and even then they were usually brief. T.W. curls up with his face on my shoulder and just goes melts into you and you can't help but melt into him too. Sometimes when he falls asleep eating I take him to bed past the mirror in the hall and marvel at him in is smooshed up little newborn snuggle, even though he's not a newborn anymore. When he was first born he would do that and settle down so small I could see how he could have fit inside me. Obviously he wouldn't fit in me anymore.

*His eyebrows. He often gets a concerned, concentrated look on his face. I think I might even have a picture of it....Yep, here it is.


When he makes this face he usually starts talking really loudly. In fact for a long time if he talked at all it was really loudly. And with this face. He appears to be an opinionated little guy.

He's growing fast and changing fast and I'm blogging slow. So there's a bit to remember.

7 comments:

der said...

Well, that's the first time I've seen T.W. looking anything like serious. He really is a happy baby.

Sue Rasmussen said...

gotta love those eyebrows!

Tara said...

Love the eyebrow picture! It made me and Tim laugh out loud.

Love to hear about all the new things the babies are doing!

Andrew and Lauren said...

Zoƫ does the same thing with her eyebrows too. Its a weird expression

grandmajane said...

He truly is an expressive little boy. Soon he'll be expounding to us all.

Tracie White said...

I totally see Martell in the talking picture. Martell pulls that expression when he's talking about something he really means.

Unknown said...

great pic!