Monday, May 30, 2011

catching up on photos (the month of May)

At the beginning of this month T.W. decided to sprout some teeth. Here he is working on popping those bad boys through. He seems to be at it again, which accounts for his runny nose the other days. Yay for not having a sick baby! Sally also doesn't seem to have any other symptoms but a runny nose, so I'm hoping (I think) that it's just teething for her too.

Sally sporting some stylish shades. My friend was over and let Sally wear them and Sal thought she was pretty cool. It's 'cause she is.

T. doing his signature backwards scoot. He started doing this when he was teething, I think out of discomfort. He would arch his back over and over again and somehow he managed to get somewhere doing it. He still does it, but I think he just figured out he can get around by doing so. He may never have hair on the back of his noggin, but at least he can get a change of scenery.

Sally and I made some cookies the other day. This is her picking out oats and saying "O's" rather emphatically (she says everything emphatically). The cookies were a new recipe to me. Pumpkin oatmeal cookies. They are good. I mean it. I ate at least half of them the first day that we made them. Hey, they have oats in them, that means they are good for you, right?

A cutting of basil that I'm trying to root. Wish me luck.

This is a picture of the French toast casserole I made for dinner the other day. When it came out of the oven it was so fluffy I couldn't help but take pictures. I have decided, however that it is way too sweet for dinner in the future. It might even be too sweet for breakfast. And it's not very healthy, so I don't really feel bad about ditching it. It was fun to try though.

A boy and his hat, as promised. In the future I will probably put interfacing in the brim, but it holds up well enough with this fabric, as it is stiffer. It would just be better with some help. I may have to try it again. Besides, it is adorable.

Here's a better picture of his hat. It's sort of like those train conductor hats.

Yesterday I was taking pictures, and Sally came to help. Here she is in my lap.

The boys jamming.

While the boys did their thing and I made dinner, Sally "helped" in the kitchen. She was pulling out all the lids (in fairness they are there for her to pull out) and stacking them up saying "seerco" (circle). What a smart kid. :D

I've also been on a couple photo walks this month, but I'll post some photos from those on my photo blog

4 comments:

Andrew and Lauren said...

Backward scoots? Too cute! Whatever works! Great pictures and great job on the hat. It looks great!

Sue Rasmussen said...

love the pictures, I love seeing a slice of daily life. Those are beautiful children.

molly strong said...

looks like May was pretty adventurous; and I am glad someone has thought to have sympathy for those poor little oats

Tracie White said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of their faces. I've been wondering what Thaddeus looks like for a long time now. And Sally is getting so big!