Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sallyisms

A few funny/sweet things Sal has done lately (mostly so I don't forget)

The other day I was changing her diaper and she put her legs straight up so I couldn't see her face then she peeked in between them and said "peek-boo".

Martell taught her to say "Science!" rather emphatically and she does it at some strange times. We were watching Sesame Street and she threw her fist up and said "Science!". I'm not sure what Lena Horne and Grover had to do with it, but it was charming.

When I put on her shoes now she giggles and squirms and says "tickle!". Evidently her feet are quite ticklish and she thinks it's a jolly game.

When she says "no" she closes her eyes tight and turns her head away and says it like it's possibly the worst thing that could ever happen to her. Every time. "Do you want milk?" "Nooooo" "Can I have a kiss?" "Noooooo"

My parents visited recently and they brought some books from my collection of kids books. I love children's literature. My mom brought The Ox-Cart Man Which is a book I loved to read with her before I can remember. And then I couldn't remember it anymore. Lately I've been really toying with the idea of having a hobby farm and it was fun to read that book that I loved then about a man who takes all of the things his family has made/grown to market and selling it all, right down to the ox and the cart. My favorite line reads, "Then he sold his ox, and kissed him good-bye on his nose." After I read it to Sal the other day she kept talking about kisses and noses and nose kisses. Then she stood up on the couch next to me and planted a big smooch on my nose. That is charming enough as is, but it is rather nice after a long spell of, "Can I have a kiss?" "Noooooo". I sure have a sweet girl.

So as not to leave T.W. out of this party, Lately he has been teething. One tooth has cut and we are waiting on the tooth next to it. In spite of that he is still remarkably smiley and jolly. I am certainly blessed with happy children. He can sit up too, but he's still pretty wobbly and he mostly just wants someone to pay attention to him. If you so much as look at him, you are likely to get a smile.

4 comments:

Sue Rasmussen said...

One thing that is sticking in my mind from the trip is of Sally copying her mom spinning in the yard and then laying in the grass.

Mrs. Mom said...

I am so excited to get to know Sally a little bit more as I work in nursery. She is such a sweet and curious little girl.

grandmajane said...

It is so fun to learn of the new words Sally is comprehending and saying. So glad you are recording some of them so we won't miss out.

Tracie White said...

Thanks for sharing! You've got some cute little kids there.